Friday, May 2, 2014

Babies

     We recently got to spend time with my sister in Las Vegas. We went and stayed with her to be there when her and her husband welcomed their second child. A beautiful baby girl. It was so nice to hold and cuddle a newborn baby. Newborns are just so precious and they smell wonderful. I miss having a new baby around, but I don't miss the sleepless nights or the leaky boobs, or the baby weight to loose (oh never mind still have that).

     Today MY baby turned 2. There is something about that birthday that changes them form baby to child. Colt and I have had at least one kid(sometimes two) in the "baby" stage for 10 years! We are not having anymore babies so this was it, our LAST baby. I always said I never wanted to be "that mom" you know the one, that "babies" their "baby". I am trying very hard to keep my word, but it is proving difficult on some things. All the other kids lost their pacifiers by 18 months, she still has hers for naps and bed. On the NOT, babying my baby part of things, we are doing well at making sure she helps clean up, that she gets time out when needed, and that her temper tantrums are ignored (just like the rest of them). Now to try and teach the older kids not to "baby" their baby sister. 

I always wondered why my baby sisters always got to do everything that I was never allowed to do at the same age, and I think I figured it out! When you are from a large family the parents just get too tired, worn down and lazy by the time the "baby" of the family is old enough and starts asking to do things. Sometimes it is easier to just say yes, than it is to explain and fight.

Dear Lindy,
If I ever seem really hard on you. Or you think that I am sooo mean. If you ever feel like I just want to ruin your life, or that I have it out for you. Remember this, I am sorry, because I was probably over compensating to make sure I didn't become "that mom" that "babies her baby". If I somehow become "that mom" I am sorry, because I have probably ruined you for life(not intentionally) by making you whiny and needy and self centered. Either way I love you.

                                           Love, Mom

Sisters oldest to youngest with baby Millie.

Tio Colt with baby Millie.

Lindy holding baby Millie.

Savanah, Millie and Tia Gen.

Millie Louise on her blessing day.

Birthday princess Lindy Loo!




No comments:

Post a Comment