Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Week 9 was all Mine!

Colt drove us to Colorado but had to go back to Idaho and Montana. So for the past week the kids and I have been staying with some dear family friends. It has been so great to spend time with them. You know how people say you have the family you were born into, the family you marry, and the family you choose. This family is defiantly family that we chose, I even think we were meant to be! They have 5 kids as well. With 10 kids running around there is never a dull moment here! They are also a homeschool family so there is not an all day wait to play. After a few hours doing school in the morning, the kids head outside and the games begin! Everyday the game seems to start where they left off the night before. An epic game of "Percy Jackson" style capture the flag, complete with cardboard shields, stick swords, and soccer shin guard/ bike helmet armor, has been all we hear from the back yard. There have been a few fights and a few injuries, but Moms to the rescue or a brief break and all is well. The kids are having so much fun with their friends. I am also enjoying my time and deep conversations with my friend. When we walked in she and I cried as we hugged! It has only been a few months since she came to Vegas to visit but I have missed her so much! She is my "person". She knows more about me, my family, even my extended family than anyone else and the best part about that is, she doesn't judge me (well at least not to my face ;)) and she still loves me! Colt and the other Dad are great friends too. It was great that they hit it off about 4 years ago because the other wife and I already decided they had to be best friends! So with kids all about the same age and hubbies that are perfect for each other and she and I being peas in a pod we are not just best friends, we are best families! They have been so welcoming.
While we are here we are making sure to get in all necessary appointment with our doctors. We are also trying to spend time with and help close friends. I didn't realize how much I was really going to miss Colorado and all the people that I love here. It will be so sad when it is time to leave. Don't worry we will be back.
Took some of the kids on a walk.

Eva doing service, helping paint Sis. R.S. house.

Playing around while working on a friends house.

Babies playing Barbies!

CJ was very proud of his letter V worksheet.

"Percy Jackson" capture the flag!

Lindy + 1, she is a pro! She acts like she has had twins before ;)

Eva at the eye doctor. She will be getting new glasses!

Until next time, I love you C,M,B,C,E, and L.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see you so happy . Give my love to all the 10 grand kids . I miss Colorado too , had so much fun livibg there .

    ReplyDelete