Thursday, October 8, 2015

Leesville, LA

Small southern town living is not for everyone, myself included. With that said I am glad we as a family got to experience it.

Talk about a culture shock and a new world when we came here after New York City!

There is one grocery store in town and a Walmart. If you need groceries these are your options. There is one high school, one library, and more churches than I thought there would be. 

When you are looking for something to do on a weekend and you have already watched all the movies at the theater, and if you don't feel like going to the skating rink or bowling again, then you must hop in the car and go for a drive. Alexandria is about 45 minutes away to the east, Lake Charles is about an hour and half to the south. Alex and LC are not huge cities but compared to Leesville they are!

The people here are great!! The southern hospitality is amazing. Everyone talks to everyone. You cant drive down the street with out everyone waving and flashing a smile. 

I am looking forward to getting back to a city ( I am a total city girl) but I will miss the friends the kids and I have made and hope to take some of that small town friendliness with me.


Lindy loved the rain


Colt cleaning Ms. Judy's rv
Lindy helping daddy clean Ms. Judy's rv

We hosted an rv park bbq

Lake Charles 

boys trying to make fire

girls trying to make fire





AF base in Alexandria

Cj liked this plane in Alex.

our lovely neighbor, Ms. Judy. She became like a grandma to our kiddos. 

school work time

The wonderful RS president of the Leesville ward, Sarah. I am going to miss her.
I feel like if we were here longer we would have become like besties.


Bobby washing dishes

Family fun night


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your small town (even though you're a city girl). I'll take the small town any old day. It takes all kinds. But I've noticed that you make the best of things wherever you are and that's an admirable trait!

    ReplyDelete