Wednesday, October 21, 2015

The Never Ending Road Trip

*This was written in my note book on October 11th*

If you know Colt or I then you know that neither one of us really enjoys driving.

I am writing this from the passenger seat on day 3 of our road trip from Louisiana to Las Vegas. We are now somewhere in Arizona.

I think I am losing my mind!

Since the time of our drive to Louisiana I have forgotten that for large portions of the trip there are no radio stations AND no cell signals. So I have been listening to the same cd for hours. If I have to listen to “All About That Bass” one more time I may punch the stereo in the face.

SILENCE!!!

While Colt listens to his book with his headphones and the kids watch a movie in the back, I sit here and write this nonsense as I listen to the sound of the road.

*Note to self- at the next stop buy a new cd any cd.*

GPS says we have 5 ½ hours to go but in RV time that really means 7 hours. Hopefully we make it to Leeds today, then in a few days we will make the quick drive to Las Vegas. If all stays according to plan we will be able to stay put for a few months.

I know what you must be thinking….Why would they live and travel in an RV if they both dislike driving?

The answer…. Even when we have to go through a few crazy long days of driving to stay on a schedule; the days, weeks and months that we get to explore and experience new places make up for the crazy travel days.

Our never ending road trip will one day come to an end. Hopefully not for a while and it certainly won’t be the end of OUR FAMILY TALE.



Until next time, I love you C, M, B, C, E and L






No comments:

Post a Comment