Monday, March 18, 2013

Our Adventure

Our adventure did not just begin today. Let us go back to August 2012. When my loving husband came home from work one day to tell me that his company's contract had not been renewed. He soon hit the road and started working for the company just on a different contract. The new work had him out on the road 100% of the time, while I was at home caring for our home and 5 children.

After 4 months of him gone and with no end in sight, we decided to move our family to Vegas. We picked Vegas so that while Colt was out on the road I could have some family around to help me out with all the kids. While I did get some help while I was there, over all it turned out to be more trouble and work than I had at home by myself. Two very long months of the us living with my parents and some insinuating circumstances (and many hurt feelings) resulted in us packing up all of our stuff and getting the heck out of there. Now the kids and I have joined Colt on the road.

This brings us to today. After a nice relaxing day with my hubby's family in UT, we woke up bright and early to begin our life as a gypsy family. Today we drove to Boise, ID.



 It was a super long drive but we had a couple of fun rest stops. First we stopped at Chick Fil A, a family favorite and really missed since we left Colorado.





Our next stop (which was my favorite) was Temple Square in Salt Lake City.
















After a few more hours in the car we finally made it to our "new home" (at least for the next 2 months).



We are so glad that we have been homeschooling for a while now because the choice to travel with Colt was that much easier, no need to worry about where or when the kids go to school. We are looking forward to learning about all the places we will visit. We are also excited to teach the kids that "home" is anywhere that we are together as a family. Only time will show what God has in store for our family.


1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys get Colt back. Living in a hotel reminds me of my TDY to Florida for 6 months. Having your kids there and wanting to go swimming reminds me of Spring Break when the kids came out to see me for a week. Have fun you guys, we miss you!

    ReplyDelete