Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Short Videos in Austin

For a while we were having a lot of cold weather here in Austin. Like so cold that they were closing schools and government building. At first when I looked out the window I thought it was joke. There was just a dusting of snow. It became know as the Austin Snowpocalypse! Either way we are not prepared to be in cold weather. Traveling with winter coats for 7 people takes up to much precious suit case room. We had to come up with ways to stay busy while staying in the hotel room. We found a portable ping pong set on clearance at Target and it was a big hit!



When we do get to go out we like to head to the park. Well the kids love it I secretly dread it, because I know I will suffer with horrible allergies. But nonetheless I take the kids because they enjoy it. This is a video clip of when our two youngest learned to share at the park. I tend to stay our of most of their little tiffs in hopes that they can learn to work them out on their own. I feel there is a lot that kids need to learn on their own with out their parents jumping in to solve it for them. I was very pleased the way this worked out.


Oh toddlers. Nothing on a counter is safe again. I am excited to see my baby growing up!


Our little Malayan turned 10!!! I am so proud of the young lady she is becoming. She is starting to have her own opinion on everything and she is willing to share it. She knows what is right and she is a great example to her younger brothers and sisters. She fits perfectly in her role as the oldest. She is my little mini me, and I love her so much. We have a family tradition of smashing your face into your birthday cake. This was the first year that she was ready and kind of willing to do it. I explained to her that the more her face messes up the cake the bigger her piece is, because nobody wants the smashed part but you. She is ready to rub her face all over the cake next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment