Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Child of God, Named Bobby.


In June our sweet Bobby turned 8 years old!!! We are so glad that he is in our family. We celebrated his birthday in UT with family at a pizza place. It was a pirate theme pizza place, with cool decorations and one crazy pirate that may have took his "character" to seriously! He got to go out on a special date with his Great Aunt Sheron, which I think he loved the most.
 He was very excited to turn eight because that meant he could get baptized. Colt and I had a crazy time trying to plan Bobby's baptism. We were attending one ward, our records were in another ward and we were baptizing him in a third ward. Colt made lots of phone calls to make sure everything would work out just right. We were at a family reunion when we baptized Bobby so it was fun that all his cousins, aunts and uncles, and grandparents could be there. Malayna gave the opening prayer, Grandma Stevens gave a wonderful talk on baptism, Aunt Sheron gave an amazing talk on the Holy Ghost, and Tia Savanah gave the closing prayer. Aunt Brandi, Aunt Ginger, and Aunt Kindra all helped with the music. It turned out to be a wonderful day.

Bobby and Colt dressed in white.
Bobby with Gr'ma and Gr'pa.

Stevens, Garcia, and Arellanos



All the cousins that were there!

Bobby with his Great Aunt Sheron.
 (Thanks for all the pictures at the baptism!)



It has now been one month since Bobby was baptized. Just like I had interviewed Malayna (to read hers) after her baptism I did the same with Bobby. I used the same exact questions.
Here is what he said:

Q: Bobby, what did you think of your baptism day?
A: " It was awesome!"
Q: What was your favorite part of being baptized?
A: "That I got to be baptized, because when I am baptized it is awesome!"
Q: What does it mean to you to be baptized?
A: "To get the Holy Ghost."
Q: How did getting the Holy Ghost make you feel?
A: "Happy and warm, and it was so awesome when it hit me like a rhino!"
Q: It has been one month since your baptism, have you noticed any changes in your life?
A: "I have acted a little better. One time I was going to throw sand in CJ's hair and I thought that I shouldn't"
Q: What do you hope to remember most about your special day?
A: "Getting hit with the Holy Ghost."
Q: Can you share with me your testimony?
A: "I know the Church is true and that Jesus Christ is my brother. I know Jesus will come back again. I know Heavenly Father hears my prayers when I pray. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

2 comments:

  1. I am so greatful that Robert knows what the Holy Ghost feels like...I know that the Holy Ghost has testified to his spirit..that Jesus is Our Brother and that The Gospel is True...I want him to know that his Tata also knows the Gospel is True and that I know that Jesus is our Brother and Heavenly Father does hear our prayers and he answers them...I love you Robert Randy Stevens...thank you for choosing the right CTR and being an example to me. Love TATA Robert Garcia. ..

    ReplyDelete