Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Week Four was a Chore

Well week four has come and gone. Just like the post title, it really felt like a chore. Like a chore you hate to do (if you know me than you know it was like having to do the dishes). I am not sure if it is now getting to everyone, that we have been living in a hotel for a month. Or if it is the normal cycle/flow of being a homeschool family and being together 24/7. Or if it was just me not really in the mood to go out and do everything (thank good ol mother nature). Either way it was a long, hard, frustrating week. The kids woke up every morning and started fighting. They went to bed every night fighting. I had no desire or patients to deal with that mess so most of the days I would just try my very best to ignore them in hopes that I wouldn't go all crazy mom on them.

We spent the days getting school work done then spending as much time in the pool as we could to pass the time. Finally the weekend  came and Colt was there to help! 

Friday morning we had to get the kids out of the hometel so we took them to this place called "Bodies In Motion". They had so much fun (so did mom and dad), it was like a huge indoor play place. 

Later that night we got a babysitter (we found her on care.com). She was great and the kids loved her. Colt and I went to a class for our concealed carry permits. It was a fun class and we learned a lot. We are finishing up our paper work to apply. The class certified us for our licenses in four different states ID, AZ, FL,and OR. 

Saturday morning we dropped Malayna off at stake activity days. She had a fun time and learned how to iron and sew on buttons. While she was there we dropped the other kids off with a friend (trade off). Colt and I had a lunch date at a good bbq place. Then we were able to go shopping with out kids (if you have kids then you know how this rocks)!

We had a wonderful day at church on Sunday. It was fast and testimony meeting. Malayan kept trying to get Colt or I to go up with her and we didn't, finally she got up and did it herself as she was walking back to our row (the front) she threw her hands and said "Boo Ya! I did it myself!" it was loud enough that the rows around us and the Stake President and Bishop on the stand heard her. We all just smiled at each other.

The weekend helped to turn around our week. Until next time. I love you C, M, B, C, E, and L.

No comments:

Post a Comment