Monday, April 1, 2013

Week two flew!

We had a very busy week, which is why it felt like it flew by. Where to start? I guess we can go by days of the week.

Monday-After school time the kids and I spent the rest of the after noon at the pool! We are soooo glad that our "home"tel has an indoor pool! It has been such a great way to get out the kids energy. It has also helped them work and grow their swimming skills.

Tuesday- After school time the kids and I went to check out the mall. While we were there we came across a store that had everything Idaho! Grandma Stevens told us about a hundred times to eat a Idaho Spud. After looking for a whole week we finally found the candy bar she was talking about. So we pick up one for each of us. After Colt got home from work we all got to try this tasty treat. You would really like it if you like chocolate, coconut, and some sort of chocolaty marshmallow stuff (we were split).



Wednesday- After school time the kids and I headed out to Barber Park. It was not what we were expecting. No play ground to be found, but there was some walking trails. We found out that this was the place people start their float down the river. The kids couldn't help themselves and just begged and begged to put there feet in the water. Since I am such a "fun mom" I said sure. They were taken back by how COLD the water was. I think the board said 54*.
 



Thursday- After school time the kids and I walked on over to what they call "our park" (Ann Morrison). They played and played with lots of kids. It was spring break here in Idaho so the play ground was very full.

Friday- After school time Colt, the kids and I had a very fun filled day. We walked on down to Julia Davis park and spent some time around there checking out all the outsides of the museums. Then we headed over to the Anne Frank monument. Which was a hi-light for me because I love learning about WWII. Then we walked along the river. After a quick rest, we ventured on a little walk up the hill to Boise Depot. We all had so much fun there. playing on the tracks was the best part. We were told that they are not really used anymore but I guess they were wrong. I heard and saw two trains go by today!

 

 



 
 

  






























Saturday and Sunday- I will save for another post (hopefully tomorrow). All about our Easter.
Until next time. I love you Colt, Malayna, Bobby, CJ, Eva, and Lindy.

2 comments:

  1. I miss you guys so much, but I am glad you're having awesome adventures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We miss you guys soooo much too! There hasn't been a day that the Bess family hasn't been in one our conversations.

      Delete